Lots of NEW Stuff Happening @JenEhr
Evening Strawberry Upick
Thursday, June 30th
4PM to 7PM
Strawberry season is Wisconsin is a short lived three weeks, and this is our third week and final Upick opportunity. We will have a Strawberry Upick Pop up on Thursday, June 30th, from 4PM to 7PM, a late afternoon/early evening pick. The berries this late in the season are more difficult to pick and smaller in size, perfect for jams and freezing. There will be a limited number of pre picked flats of strawberries for sale during the Upick.
A couple things you should know:
1. JenEhr strawberries are certified organic (hey, every darn acre on the farm is certified organic).
2. Pop Up Upick - The strawberry patch is smaller this year which limits our ability to have Upick open to the public. So, we're going with a pop up concept. That means we'll open as many times as possible (based on the berries in the field). With announcements on the website, on the JenEhr Strawberry Hotline (608/825-9531) and our Facebook page.
3. Pricing -
Upick - $2.50 per pound
Pre-Picked Berries - 10pound/8quart flat - $42 - LIMITED
Pre Picked Quarts - $5.50 each - LIMITED
4. Payment - We accept cash, checks and credit card (please note there is a 3% service fee when using credit cards).
5. Prepicked flats and quarts of strawberries are available at the Upick.
Strawberries will also be available by the quart and flat at our Saturday Farmers Markets.
Every Saturday, you will find the folks at JenEhr busy busy busy.
1. Dane County Farmers Market at the Capitol Square - Ready to sell by 6:45AM, usually starting to pack up at Noon. We're located just to the left of the East Washington and Pinckney Intersection, at the bike rack.
2. Westside Community Farmers Market, Madison's Near Westside at the corner of University Avenue and Segoe Road in the Department of Transportation Parking Lot - Sarah O has her crew unpacked and set up by the market start at 7AM. You'll find our big yellow tent on the East end of the market, right across from our friends at Flyte Farm and next to the sweet honey of Andy Bondee.
3. Tosa Farmers Market, this cute little market with everything you need to jump start your morning (in terms of coffee and prepared food) along with an easy way to check off all the items on your shopping list is located just behind The Little Red Bookstore on State Street in Wauwatosa. The hatted Bryan is ready to fill your shopping bags when the market opens at 8AM, with the market closing at Noon.